Today, social media and online mediums are crucial for any business or organization. No matter what your business does having an online presence and ensuring a positive image is important. Over 88% of customers now trust written online reviews from other customers. People are more likely to trust brands who receive positive word-of-mouth reviews and have a known presence on social media and other digital mediums.
Online reputation management is important for your brand to put forward a positive image and address negative reviews properly. This shows your potential and existing customers that you are a brand that values and cares for the voice of its customers. However, online reputation management is not a piece of cake and needs a good strategic approach for companies of any size to benefit from it.
This guide will explain how you can put your best foot forward and ensure your customers find the right materials through online reputation management.
What is Online Reputation Management?
Online reputation management is the same concept as social media reputation management, though on a bigger platform. Online reputation management is the process with which a business tracks, monitors and eliminates negative comments, reviews and other material from the internet, be it a review platform or a business listing directory.
The purpose of online reputation management is taking control of your brand by creating a positive brand image and counteracting misleading or negative images to help your brand perception among your customers.
Download Your Guide Today!
Why is Online Reputation important?
Have you ever tried searching your business online? You will be surprised to know that your information is not just on your website or social media pages but also additional information listings and portals. Online reputation management is important to ensure that you are in charge of what your potential customers get to see first. Using reputation management services, organizations can:
- Build an online presence: Take control of critical information on social media and other mediums to showcase your branding
- Showcase superior customer services: Respond to customer queries and address grievances easier to build brand loyalty
- Manage listing information: Manage information on various online listings about the products and services you provide
- Get word of mouth publicity: Use brand marketing campaigns to get customers talking about you
Learn How Tatvam Can Help You
Ways to Enhance Your Online Reputation
Enhancing your online reputation through online reputation management tools or reputation management services is not an easy task. However, with the right approach and mindset, it can be achieved through a few simple steps:
- Monitor your brand’s online presence: Ensure your brand page is always up to date and showcases the many activities and the latest offering to your customers easily. Reach your customers where they are and use social media effectively!
- Make promises you can deliver: Many brands tend to make promises that are not always delivered, leading to dissatisfied customers. Brands that are honest and make realistic promises are more likely to succeed. It is important for organizations to analyze where they stand and deliver realistic promises to their customers.
- Take customer feedback seriously and respond quickly: 86% of users will hesitate to purchase from a business that has negative reviews. Make sure you act on the customer feedback and deliver outcomes that your customers expect. Ensuring your brand focuses and listens to the voice of the customer is important to win the customer’s trust and loyalty.
How Tatvam Can Help You Analyze Your Online Reputation?
Online reputation is not a one-time fix and needs to be monitored on a regular basis. In most cases, there are several service providers and online reputation management tools that can help you manage your online reputation, including social media. Tatvam can help you improve your online reputation by:
- Measure:Manage what your customers think about your business, by helping you go through all their feedback and comments on various platforms
- Actionable Insights: Use customer information through online forms and site visitors to understand customer metrics and improve your brand visibility
- Customer Services: Understand the voice of your customer and make it easy for your customers to reach out to you through online feedback mechanisms, customer review management, Email promotions and surveys
Matt Canada has a background in graphic design, customer service and management. In his current role, he oversees marketing activities for Tatvam and also supports in sales and support activities. In his free time, Matt enjoys playing video games, spending time with his wife and running his own production company which is centered around creating inspirational content for others.